Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC) Industrial Robotics Program
The SERC Industrial Robotics Program is established to consolidate the efforts of leading robotics researchers in Singapore to resolve the critical challenges in the adoption of robotic automation solutions by the local manufacturing industry, in particular focusing on welding and finishing applications in a high mix low volume manufacturing environment.
Through this collaborative project, researchers from NUS, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), SIMTech, Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R), and Institute of High Power Computing (IHPC) work together to explore, research and resolve research challenges related to industrial robotics including:
- Human-robot interface for intuitive human-robot collaboration in the production floor;
- Sensing for process feedback, workcell localization and calibration;
- Mechanism design for smart material handling;
- Control design for improved force control and contact operations;
- Adaptation to input uncertainties; and
- Software platform for the development of robotic solutions.